Hymn #59 - Benjamin Keach
Written by Dr. Mike Renihan
Saturday, 10 January 2009 19:13
A Feast of Fat Things
Full of Marrow:
A Hundred Divine Hymns
The Noble Vine
1. There is on earth a noble vine,
Set in a fruitful place;
The root thereof is all divine,
And full of precious grace:
2. The Lord by His right hand did plant
This vine, and vineyard too;
And shines upon each gracious saint,
And waters it also.
3. Into this vineyard we are called,
Whilst others idle stand;
Lord help us all to work therein,
And yield to Thy command.
4. Thy care is great of Thy own Church,
Thou watcheth it each day;
But fruitless trees thou wilt pluck up,
And throw them far away.
5. Thou prunest those who faithful be,
We therefore Thee adore,
And in sweet hymns we'll sing to Thee,
Now and forevermore.